for this one.” — Patrice
Ingredients Original recipe makes 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 (6 ounce) cans marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (2 ounce) can black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Drain artichoke hearts, reserving liquid.
- In large bowl combine pasta, artichoke hearts, tomato, cucumber, onion, feta, olives, parsley, lemon juice, oregano and lemon pepper. Toss and chill for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Just before serving, drizzle reserved artichoke marinade over salad.
- PREP1 hr10 mins
- COOK10 mins
- READY IN1 hr20 mins
An alternative to the above recipe works well too, see below:
Instead of using the artichoke marinade. Use 6 tbsp olive oil, 5 tbsp red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 2 teaspoon dried oregano. -Ms Dinning Diva