This is an attractive and zesty all in one dish. It’s full of veggies and chicken, and loaded with flavor. A quick fix for a long day. If desired, top with shredded cheese and tortilla chips.
Original recipe makes 4 servings
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (1.27 ounce) packet dry fajita seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- Rub chicken evenly with 1/2 the fajita seasoning. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, mix beans, corn, salsa and other 1/2 of fajita seasoning. Heat over medium heat until warm.
- Prepare the salad by tossing the greens, onion and tomato. Top salad with chicken and dress with the bean and corn mixture.