According to the National Weather Service, a winter storm is expected to arrive on Friday. NSTAR is prepared to respond quickly, and we want to make sure you have the information you need to be prepared.
If you experience an outage, please call 800-592-2000 or go to www.nstar.com (via PC or mobile device) to report it. It’s important that you report an outage even if you think your neighbors may have already reported it. The more information we have, the better we are able to improve our assessment of damage and make repairs.
Most important, please stay safe. If you see a downed power line, always assume it’s live; do not go near it, and never drive over the line.
Please know that NSTAR is ready for the storm and will work around the clock to restore power to your home or business.
- Prepare a storm kit and keep it handy. Visit our website for a list of supplies.
- If you use a generator, follow all safety precautions provided by the manufacturer.
- If you use a cell phone, save your power or have a plan to be able to charge the phone.
- Gather all necessary medications and make sure you have an adequate supply.
- If you rely on oxygen please be sure you have an ample supply on hand.
- If you, a friend or family member relies on electricity for life support devices, well water or refrigeration for medications, please make preparations now to switch to a backup source or move to an alternate location. It’s also a good idea to have a battery back-up for medical equipment.
- For information on emergency disaster services, including shelters, please contact the American Red Cross at 800-733-2767 (800-RED-CROSS) or online at www.redcross.org.