||RVR – River Street (10113)
||340 River Street
||Store Team Member
|To Apply for this Leadership Opportunity :
|Job Opportunity Details:
|As a Store Receiver you will be responsible for all functions and paperwork relating to receiving and any necessary hand pricing. You will operate machinery including baler, compactor, and pallet lifter. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members.
|Responsibilities & Qualifications:
|Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives all product for the store or facility, inspecting it for temperature (if perishable), shortages, overages, damage, and quality.
- Reports any receiving discrepancies to Team Leader(s) and Buyer(s).
- Codes all invoices with store accounting stickers and keeps careful invoice files and records.
- Attends all applicable trainings, and be able to use or be certified in use of appropriate equipment (including forklifts, snow blowers, pallet jacks, etc.) needed for store or facility.
- Communicates with Back-up Receiver (if applicable) to ensure smooth operation of Receiving area.
- Maintains courteous relationships with drivers and vendors.
- Follows Good Organic guidelines as they pertain to receiving practices.
- Follows and complies with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adheres to safe work practices.
- Operates all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
Minor general maintenance, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Team Leader or Associate Store Team Leaders.
- Ability to follow instructions and established procedures.
- Ability to prioritize, to make good decisions on when and how to repair various things, and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently yet have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with other Team Members and Store Leadership
- Knowledgeably communicate with service vendors.
- Ability to understand building maintenance needs.
- Ability to perform simple math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Must be able to communicate and read in English.
- Knowledge of facility repair work and ability to use resources to find answers on maintenance, as needed.
- Must be 18 years or older and work up to a maximum of 8-10 hours per day.
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time up to 4 hours without a break.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb tall ladders.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 75 pounds, unassisted.
- Push and pull carts, weighing up to 100 pounds, unassisted.
- Ability to visually examine building for damage or wear and to use hand and small power tools to fix problems encountered.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the proper use of a dumpster, baler, forklift, box cutters, small power tools including table saw, power drills, circular saw, reciprocating saw, hand tools including hammers, screwdrivers, wrenches, painting equipment, and all related equipment.
- Environmental exposure: temperature extremes (coolers, freezer, outdoors).
- Work in a moderately noisy environment.
- Work on a variety of floor surfaces including tile and concrete.
- Able to work a variety of shifts including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Must be willing to undergo training on proper Receiving practice and become certified in equipment use, as necessary.
- Willingness to receive constructive feedback pertaining to job performance.
- Willingness to provide exemplary customer service constantly and consistently.
- Good communication skills.
- A desire to learn about natural and organic foods and products.
- Provide exceptional customer service that continuously improves and grows.
- Provide ideas and suggestions that contribute to the growth of the team and/or improvement of work area and facility in general.
- Carry out duties in a timely manner.
The above is intended to describe the general content of the requirements of the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
|At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel.
We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing team member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores.